Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When you experience a water damage , it can be frustrating and stressful. When you have a sump-pump back up/failure burst pipe, the damage can be devastating. The damage can immediately take place. SERVPRO of Amherst-Clarence is here to help immediately after you discover water damage. Our professionals are properly trained and educated. We can work alongside of the plumber to insure the source of the problem is fixed, forest and foremost . We then can then assess the damage, and properly dry out the affected area. After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first.
Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Amherst-Clarence handle the rest!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (716) 639-8687
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.