Commercial fires can be huge, tips on how to avoid
This business in western New York suffered over $500,000 in fire damage due to a mishap in their pantry area. A hot plate was left plugged and caught this business on fire. Firefighters managed to get the fire under control and the building isn't a complete loss but now they must spend thousands on repairs. So here are a few tips to avoid these costly fires. First tip is always unplug any heating appliance right after use. Hot plates, space heaters even toaster ovens if left on and unattended can cause a fire to break out. Second, make sure you double check your area before leaving for the day, I know once quitting time comes we all just want to high tail it home, but if we all just take a couple minutes to look around and double check that hazards are taken care of we will always have a job to come back to. With the warm up on the way please make sure your homes or businesses are well ventilated, this can keep any fumes from spreading and causing damage as well.